Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Finally an update

So Aubrey started harping on me telling me I needed to put some pictures up here so people knew I was alive or something like that so here is a post with a few pictures. The problem over the last six months has been largely procrastination and laziness. I have started a few posts and then never finished them so this is quite the accomplishment for me. The other problem is that I have not been very good at taking pictures of stuff over the last six months when I do do something entertaining and worth posting on here. I have had a pretty good six months since my last post and have really enjoyed things here in Provo but usually don't do much that is blog-worthy or don't take pictures of the stuff that is. So here is what I have:


In October I went down to Arizona for the wedding of one of my best friends. Ryan and Jen got married in the Mesa temple and I was able to go down with some friends and participate in things down there. It was a great weekend and was great to see Ryan and Jen after they decided to ditch us in the cold of Utah to return home to AZ.

We had a day off back in October so what better to do that go shooting. Stew, Brandon, and I went with some of our friends - Brittany, Michelle, and Lindsay - up to "The Barn" to shoot a little and then headed over to Stew's parents' house for dinner and hot tubbing. It was a pretty good time. Why am I holding a pumpkin? Well it was Halloween time and we had to shoot something of course. :)

Nate, Dustin, and I at a Jazz game back in December. Aubrey and Bryan hooked us up with cheap tickets so we met up with all of Mary and Joe's family for some good Utah Jazz basketball (well actually it was pretty crappy Utah Jazz basketball but it was sure fun family time).

Now we're getting into the Christmas break pictures. This is me with my niece Nessa on Christmas. She passed out on our trip around the neighborhood. She's such a fun little girl. I love her to death. And yes, I am the favorite uncle. :)

Nate, Caleb, and Jacob examining our work. We put in a wood floor at my parents' house over the break. It was a fun but long process. It was good to spend time doing that with my dad and brothers though. Even if it was on my birthday. :)

This is how much I enjoyed it....I have a talent of being able to fall asleep anywhere and everywhere (on rocks on a dike at a lake, on a pile of rocks in the middle of nowhere in Nevada to name a couple) and got tired waiting for Nate and my dad to do something so I laid down and fell asleep for a bit. One of the best naps I had in 2009.

Yeah I was tired.... :)

She learns from the best. This is my niece Sammi asleep on the floor. She got tired in the middle of her drawing session and fell asleep. Can't blame her for knowing how and when to take naps.

Nessa enjoying looking over Sammi as she sleeps on the floor. I just liked this picture.

Count 'em up....26 candles! Happy Birthday to me. My birthday is on the 29th of December so I was home for my birthday and we had a little celebration with birthday cupcakes.

Me overlooking the cupcakes and candles ready to eat them up.

So I'm not quite sure why but right as they finished singing and just as I let out my first little blow I busted up laughing and ended up laughing my candles out rather than blowing them out. I almost failed at getting them all out but I dug deep and go the job done. I'm just that good.

So that was the last six months condensed. I'm sure I missed some stuff but that's what you get. I just need to learn to do better at taking pictures of things. I had a pretty good party at my apartment in Provo for New Year's but failed to get any pictures of it. We had 50 or so people show up throughout the night to come party, sing, dance, eat, and just be around. It was a lot of fun.
All in all the last few months have been good and 2010 has been off to a great start too. I'm looking forward to what else the next little while brings. It should be great and I'll see what I can do about getting a few more pictures and more frequent posts on my blog.




4 comments:

Tessa said...

You're alive!!! Except in the sleeping pics where you look like you're dead...

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

Yay!!! Josh is alive! I was sooo worried!

Our ABC Family said...

Aww.......THanks for "Finally" updating your blog! :) Heehee! You know I love to harass you! I enjoyed all the pictures and I especially love the sleeping pictures! I was a little worried seeing all those candles those on your cake, I'm glad you didn't burn your parents house down! Love ya cous!

Our ABC Family said...

Do I have to harp on you again for not updating your blog? :) Just kidding! Just wanted to say hello and hope things are going well! Love ya cous!