Rome was a pretty busy and hectic time for me. I had to figure out how to get my ticket changed for as little extra money as possible (I managed to get it changed for free thanks to a sweetheart of a lady in the airport in Rome). So I spent the first night stressing out about that and the next morning taking the train to the airport and getting it all figured out. But then I had it changed and only had to worry about seeing as much of Rome as I could in a day and a half before my night train took me to Munich. So I got a lot in. We went and saw all of the extremely famous things. We took a night walk one night that took us through the heart of Rome and went from one fountain to another letting us see a lot of the famous public squares and fountains lit up and bustling at night. It was really cool. I went over and wandered around outside the Vatican for a while. I didn't get inside because I didn't have time but it was pretty impressive from the outside too. I ended my sightseeing of Rome going inside the Colloseum and Forum and listening to Rick Steves tell me the interesting histories that go along with each of them. I really liked Rome. It had a great feel to it and was very European and original. It was really cool. I was disappointed I had to leave so soon because there was a lot more to do in Rome that I didn't get to do but that's life. I did however get to see a lot of cool stuff and you know that I ate my fair share of gelato (super fresh/daily made ice cream/sherbet made with real fruits and ingredients for those of you that haven't heard of it before) before I left. It was super good and really made Italy better. So I finished up my tour of Italy, said my good-bye's to Jen and Ryan and the was on my way to Munich by night train.
I may update this slideshow later as Ryan and Jen both have some pictures of me in Rome but we were not able to get them uploaded to my external hard drive before I left. When Ryan and Jen get home I will steal those pictures from them and update the slideshow. Until then enjoy what I have.



No comments:
Post a Comment