Sunday, March 30, 2008

Crazy Weekend



So this weekend was pretty action field and different. We had a little group date on Friday night here at my house. A friend of mine had a videotape of a painter that used to paint on PBS named Bob Ross. He would paint and teach people how to paint at the same time. So we took his tape, bought supplies and painted pictures. It was quite different but we had a ton of fun. Our pictures turned out surprisingly well too. It was a lot of fun.

Then on Saturday a large group of friends and I went to the Hare Krishna Hindu temple for the annual Holi Festival of Colors. It was amazing! It was an annual celebration they put on based around a religious belief they have. Thousands of BYU students attend it every year. In essence you go and buy this brightly colored chalk/paint and stand around in a mass of people. When they start the bonfire that lights a manequin on fire everyone has a HUGE paint fight. It is amazingly fun. I literally could not breath for a few seconds at the first and there was so much chalk in the air that I could not see more than a foot above me or in any direction. I took some chalk to the mouth and to the eye but it was way fun. By the time you are done you look incredibly colorful and dirty but it is way fun. All in all the weekend was way fun and way original. A lot of first times for me. It was incredible.

1 comment:

*rOcKiN rIcHiNs* said...

That sounds like some major fun!!! You need to invite us for stuff like this! We can't just be your lame-o married friends. Don't let us get behind in the fun! Hey we like your blog! It rocks our socks! And I officially welcome you to the blogging world.